Not-for-Profit Organizations, Foundations & Charities
Our Services For Not-For-Profit Organizations, Foundations & Charities
Not-for-Profit Organizations (NPO’s) face unique challenges that require unique solutions. Foundations, charities and NPO’s must be able to manage higher costs and lower revenues while navigating changes in financial standards and reporting guidelines. The public scrutiny that NPO’s face requires due diligence and compliance at the highest level.
We understand the budgetary constraints of NPO’s and offer efficient, cost-effective services tailored to fit your needs and support your organization’s success. Our partners and managers have extensive experience with the accounting, financial statement audit and review standards specific to NPO’s as well as the compliance requirements of the Canada Revenue Agency. We provide a number of additional in-house services including:
- Audit and accounting – Providing audit, review and notice to reader engagements, including advice on the options that are available for NPO’s.
- Management Consulting – Assisting management and audit committees in not-for-profit organizations with financial reports and in non-financial management areas. These services include analysis and recommendations for change or improvement (when required), as well as assistance with budget preparation.
- Human Resources – Reviewing financial staffing requirements and assisting your organization with sourcing people with the skills and experience you require.
- Taxation – Assisting with the preparation of all necessary tax filings either in an advisory role, or by preparing the returns for you. These include GST returns, charity information returns, not-for-profit information returns and corporate tax returns (for exempt organizations). We provide tax planning services and advice on setting up and utilizing a foundation, as well as the taxation elements related to planned giving.
- Accounting – Working with you to set up and implement accounting systems or to improve your current system. This includes reviewing receipts, payments and payroll information, as well as internal financial statements.
- Special Audits – Providing audit services for special reports on financial information outside of financial statements. This is useful in grant applications and for other special needs.
Insight And Resources
Sign up for our newsletter
Each issue contains tax insights and valuable resources.