Rolfe Benson LLP is a Vancouver-based Chartered Professional Accountants public practice firm providing top-tier accounting, audit, tax and consulting services. Our client base is predominantly owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals, estates and trusts, investment holding companies, charities and not for profit organizations. We’ve built our business by providing small to mid-sized organizations with scalable, custom-tailored tax and accounting solutions that fit. Our firm takes a more personal approach to professional services. We’ve built our success on the hard work and dedication of our team. We want to work with great people and great people want to work with us.
- We are looking for a full-time payroll administrator/bookkeeper to join our client services group
The Job Description:
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing payroll calculations, pay cheques and source deduction remittances
- Preparing workers’ compensation & EHT reports and remittances
- Preparing annual T4s, T2200s and related payroll items
- Performing full-cycle bookkeeping with minimal supervision
- Posting transactions for bank accounts, credit cards, account receivable, accounts payable, Shareholder and intercompany loans
- Preparing bank and general ledger account reconciliations
- Preparing GST/HST and/or PST/QST returns and remittances
- Preparing monthly and quarterly financial statements
- Preparing trial balances for year-end financial statement preparation
- Performing other client related duties or projects as required
- At least two years of prior experience in a Canada-wide payroll and bookkeeping role
- Good knowledge of taxable benefits
- Proficiency in Sage & QuickBooks (payroll), CaseWare, Caseview, and Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail is essential
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, work independently and learn quickly
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Above average analytical and organizational skills
- High standard of integrity and commitment to exceptional client service
- Completion of an accounting diploma and/or payroll certification is considered an asset
The RB Difference:
- We offer a competitive salary, annual profit sharing plan, a comprehensive benefits package.
- Paid overtime (or time off in lieu of overtime) and reduced summer hours.
- We offer in-house and external training programs to enhance your personal growth.
- Every member of our team plays a key role in our success and is rewarded for their hard work. Our people do great work and our clients notice the difference.
To be considered for this position please submit your cover letter and resume. We would like to thank all candidates for their interest, however only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
E-mail Applications To firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents Required: Cover Letter and Resume